- 我的第一本职场英语会话书
- 李文昊 王琳
- 2642字
- 2020-08-29 13:13:14
Unit9 摆正心态抗压力
这种情景,你该怎么说?
Dialogue 1(实况对话)
A: John, you look pale. What happened?
A:约翰,你面色苍白。怎么了?
B: I stayed up last night.
B:我昨晚熬夜了。
A: Did you have something on your mind? You look so concerned! Maybe I can help you!
A:你在想什么事吗?看起来很书忧心忡忡。也许我可以帮帮你。
B: Well, I'm under a lot of pressure. My manager is very pushy. He assigned me two projects. Now the deadlines are near and I still haven't finished one of them.
B:我最近压力很大。我经理太严格了,一下子让我做两个项目。现在期限就要到了,可我一个都没有做完呢。
A: Is there anything I can do for you?
A:我能帮得上什么忙吗?
B: Well, I guess no one can help me but myself. For the moment, I just need someone to talk to so that I can relieve my stress.
B:哎,我想我只能靠自己了。现在我只需要一个可以说话的人,让我缓解一下压力。
A: I know your feeling. Take it easy and say something to me if you like.
A:我理解你的感受。放轻松些,如果你愿意就向我倾诉吧。
B: Oh, buddy, you are so kind. Thank you!
B:噢,伙计,你真是太好了。谢谢!
A: Not at all!
A:不客气!
Dialogue 2(实况对话)
A: What's up? You look upset.
A:怎么啦?你看起来很烦。
B: I'm very worried.
B:我很担心。
A: Oh, What are you worried about?
A:噢,你担心什么呢?
B: I'm afraid that I'm very ill.
B:我担心我生病了。
A: I'm sorry to hear that. Why do you think so?
A:听你这么说我很难过,你为什么这么认为呢?
B: Because I feel tired all the time, even when I wake up in the morning. I find it very difficult to do any work. I have no appetite.
B:我一直感觉很疲惫,甚至早上醒来就很累。我觉得很难做任何事,也没有胃口。
A: How do you sleep?
A:你睡得怎么样?
B: Very badly.
B:很糟糕。
A: Are you worried about anything?
A:你是在担心什么吗?
B: Well, yes. I'm worried about my work. I've just taken a new job. I earn a lot of money but it's a difficult job. I'm always afraid of making any mistake.
B:嗯,是的。我在担心我的工作。我刚找了一份新工作,赚钱很多,但是太难了。我总是害怕会出错。
A: Oh, I see. You're working too hard and worrying too much. Take it easy.
A:哦,我明白了。你是工作压力太大,担心太多而已。放松点!
经典句型你会吗?
工作压力大(体力不支)
1. I'm exhausted.
我已经精疲力竭了。
也可以这样说:I feel drained.
I'm tired out.
Oh, I'm pooped.
2. I'm bushed.
我好累啊。
3. I'm burning the candle at both ends.
我最近有点体力透支了。
4. I've got my iron in too many fires.
我做的事太多了。
5. I have no time to call my own.
我累得分不清东南西北了。
6. I must have tired myself out.
我一定是过于劳累了。
7. I feel like a lump noodle.
我累得不能动了。
8. I don't even have time to catch my breath.
我连喘口气的机会都没有。
也可以这样说:I scarcely have time do breather.
I don't have time to breathe.
9. I'm too busy to bother with such details.
我太忙了,顾不上这么多琐事。
10. I'm worn out from the rush hour.
这样繁忙使我精疲力竭了。
11. I'd really appreciate any help I could get.
有人帮帮我就好了。
12. I feel a little tired from the work.
做这工作,我觉得有点累。
13. I feel completely washed out.
我感到十分疲劳。
14. I'm worn out by all this hard work.
我被这些艰苦的工作搞得精疲力竭。
15. That work has really knocked me up.
那工作真把我累坏了。
16. I should say that work is exhausting.
我得说那工作真叫人精疲力竭。
17. It really makes me tired to come from so far away.
从这么远来,真是把我累坏了。
18. I am really overwhelmed with a heavy workload.
我快被繁重的工作压垮了。
工作压力大(精神紧张)
1. I'm freaking out.
我烦透了。
2. It drives me crazy.
这事让人发疯。
3. I'm losing my mind.
我快要失去理智了。
4. My head is going to explode.
我的头快爆炸了。
5. I'm on pins and needles.
我如坐针毡。
6. I'm going nuts.
我快疯了。
7. I'm coming apart at the seams.
我快崩溃了。
8. I'm at the end of my forbearance.
我受够了。
也可以这样说:I've had it.
9. Life is really too much for me.
生活对我而言真是太沉重了。
10. I'm mad at the world.
我要发疯了。
11. I can't deal with this any more.
我再也受不了了。
12. I'm a bundle of nerves.
我心如乱麻。
13. Fat chance.
希望渺茫。
劝同事放松
1. You're working hard.
你工作太辛苦了。
2. Take it easy.
放轻松些。
3. Don't think about it too much.
不要考虑太多了。
4. Don't take it on heart.
别放在心上。
5. Loosen up!
全身放松吧!
6. Just feel relax.
放轻松点!
7. Don't worry about it, just try to relax.
不要为这事担心,放松些。
8. Massage can bring some relief from tension.
按摩可以缓解压力。
9. You should relieve stress and anxiety.
你应该缓解压力和焦虑。
10. Breathing deeply reduces stress.
深呼吸能缓解压力。
核心单词要牢记
pale [peil] adj. 苍白的
concerned [kənˈsə:nd] adj. 担忧的,关心的
relieve [riˈli:v] v. 解除,减轻
relax [riˈlæks] v. 放松
exhausted [igˈzɔ:stid] adj. 疲惫的
overwhelm [ˌəuvəˈwelm] v. 压垮
stay up 熬夜
职场小贴士
The secret of being miserable is to have the leisure to bother about whether you are happy or not. So don't bother to think about it! Spit on your hands and get busy. Your blood will start circulating; you mind will start ticking, and pretty soon this whole positive upsurge of life in your body will drive worry from your mind.
Get busy. Keep busy. It's the cheapest kind of medicine there is on this earth, and one of the best.
译文
令自己感到沮丧的秘诀就是用空闲时间去烦恼自己是否快乐。所以不要费事去想它!摩拳擦掌干起来吧。你将热血沸腾,你会头脑清醒。很快,在你身体中的这种高涨的积极人生观会把烦恼从你的头脑中赶出去。
行动起来,忙碌起来。这是世界上最便宜的一种药,也是最好的一种。
美文欣赏
Stress and Relaxation
We commonly believed that only middle-aged businessmen suffer from stress. Actually anyone may become ill as a result of stress if they experience a lot of worry over a long period and their health is not especially good. Stress can be a friend or an enemy, it can warn you that you are under too much pressure and should change your way of life. It can kill you if you don't notice the warning signals. Doctors agree that it is the biggest cause of illness in the western world.
When we are very frightened and worried, our bodies produced certain chemicals to help us fight what is troubling us. Unfortunately, these chemicals produce the energy needed to run away fast from an object of fear, and in modern life that's often impossible. If we don't use up these chemicals, or if we produce too many of them, they may actually harm us. The parts of the body that are most affected by stress are the stomach, heart, skin, head and back. Stress can cause car accidents, heat attacks, and alcoholism, and may even drive people to suicide.
Our living and working condition may put us under stress. Overcrowding in large cities, traffic jams, competition for jobs, worry about the future, any big changes in our lives, may cause stress. Some British doctors have pointed out that one of the Britain's worst waves of influenza happened soon after the new coins came into use. Also if you have changed jobs or moved house in recent months you are more likely to fall ill than if you haven't. And more people commit suicide in times of inflation.
As with all illness, prevention is better than cure. If you find you can't relax, it is a sign of danger. "When you are taking work home, when you can't enjoy an evening with friends, when you haven't time for outdoor exercise—that is the time to stop and ask yourself whether your present life really suits you.", says one family doctor. "Then it's time to join a relaxation class, or take up dancing, painting or gardening."
译文
压力与放松
通常,人们认为只有那些中年商业人士才会遭受压力。然而事实上,如果长期过多忧虑,身体状况不好,人们都有可能由于压力而生病。压力亦敌亦友,当压力过大时,它会警示你该改变生活方式了。当你无视它的警示时它就会带走你的生命。医生认为压力是西方人患病的主要原因。
当我们极度忧虑、恐惧时,身体就会产生某种化学物质以抵制困扰。遗憾的是这些化学物质产生让我们得以迅速摆脱恐惧的能量在现代生活中是不大可能的。如果我们不把这些化学物质消耗掉,或者这种物质产生过多,都会对我们的身体造成伤害。因压力遭受损害最大的部位是胃、心脏、皮肤、头和背。精神压力会导致车祸的发生,心脏病的发作,酒精中毒,甚至使人自杀。
生活环境和工作条件会给我们带来压力。大城市过度拥挤、交通堵塞、就业竞争、对前途的忧虑、生活的重大变化都会造成压力。一些英国医生指出英国的一次最为严重的流感爆发于新硬币投入使用不久。同样,如果你在近几个月调换了工作或搬迁了新居,那么在此期间你患病的几率会远远高于平时,并且,更多的人会在通货膨胀时期自杀。
对于所有疾病而言,预防比治疗更有效。当你发现难以放松时,这就是危险的信号。一位家庭医生说:“当你把工作带回家,当你不能与朋友共度夜晚,当你没时间进行户外活动时,你要停下来想想目前的生活方式是否真的适合你。这时你该去听一听休闲课程,或者去跳跳舞,画些画,搞点园艺之类的活动。”